Natalie Ruschell is the founding member of Ruschell & Associates LLC. Her practice areas include estate planning, trust, special needs, disability, and elder law planning, energy, oil, gas and minerals law, sports and entertainment Law and transportation law.
Natalie graduated valedictorian from Fort Cherry High School, went on to the University of Colorado at Boulder, and then received her Jurist Doctorate from the Western New England College School of Law. Despite losing her eyesight at the end of her second year in law school, Natalie persevered, graduated on time, with her class, and passed the bar exam the first time she sat for the test. Natalie was the first blind female attorney admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. She is also licensed to practice in Ohio and West Virginia.
Throughout her career, Natalie has not only practiced law but has participated in her areas of practice. She has started several businesses, run for public office, sat on many Boards and even started a non-profit to assist special needs individuals to ensure that they have adequate legal protections in place to protect benefits.
Natalie is an engaging public speaker, widely sought after to share her insights in her specific areas of legal practice with financial planning and human service professionals, aging persons, disability groups and civic organizations throughout Western Pennsylvania.
Just as important is her impact as a motivational speaker. Natalie shares her personal story, her “walk from darkness to light” at special events and meetings. She shares the journey that has helped her develop many personal mantras including “It’s alright to be blind as long as you never lose your vision” and “people helping people”.
Natalie’s Endeavors Chapter 1
- Attendance at the Personal Adjustment to Blindness Training at Greater Pittsburgh Guild for the Blind (now Blind and Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh)
- Employment as a Legislative Assistant to Pennsylvania State Representative Victor Lescovitz
- Employment as an Associate Attorney in a greater Pittsburgh area Law Firm
- Founding of Ruschell & Associates, LLC
- Partner in Tribal Treasures Specializing in Native American made products (1996)
- Director of the Vision Resources Project at Pittsburgh Blind Association (now Blind and Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh)
- Participated in a Political Campaign in pursuit of the Office of District Justice, Washington County, PA
- Partner in a Bed n Breakfast & Restaurant – Timber Crest Inn – Burgettstown PA (2003-2012)
- Service on the Board of Directors, McDonald Free Library
- Service on the Board of Directors, Greater Pittsburgh Guild for the Blind
- Service on the Board of Directors, Blind and Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh
- Service on the Board of Directors, Washington-Greene County Blind Association
- Service on the Board of Directors, Beacon Lodge
- Founder of Keystone Hope Special Needs Foundation. Its mission is to enable families through legal advocacy and estate planning to protect the financial futures of family members who have special needs.