Natalie Ruschell is the founding member of Ruschell & Associates LLC. Her practice areas include estate, trust, special needs, disability, and elder law planning. We also take on cases in the areas of energy, oil, gas and minerals law; business and corporate law; and estate administration.
Natalie graduated valedictorian from Fort Cherry High School, went on to the University of Colorado at Boulder, and then received her Juris Doctorate from the Western New England College School of Law. Despite losing her eyesight at the end of her second year of law school, Natalie persevered, graduated on time, with her class, and passed the bar exam the first time she sat for the test. Natalie was the first blind female attorney admitted to practice law in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. She is also licensed to practice in Ohio and West Virginia.
Throughout her career, Natalie has not only practiced law but has participated in her areas of practice. She has started several businesses, run for public office, and sat on many Boards.
Natalie is an engaging public speaker, widely sought after to share her insights in her specific areas of legal practice with financial planning and human service professionals, aging persons, disability groups, and civic organizations throughout Western Pennsylvania. Equally important is her impact as a motivational speaker. Natalie shares her personal story, her “walk from darkness to light” at special events and meetings. She shares the journey that has helped her develop many personal mantras, including “It’s all right to be blind as long as you never lose your vision” and “people helping people.”
NATALIE’S ENDEAVORS & ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Attendance at the Personal Adjustment to Blindness Training at Greater Pittsburgh Guild for the Blind (now Blind and Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh)
- Employment as a Legislative Assistant to Pennsylvania State Representative Victor Lescovitz
- Employment as an Associate Attorney in a greater Pittsburgh area Law Firm
- The founding of Ruschell & Associates, LLC
- Partner in Tribal Treasures Specializing in Native American made products (1996)
- Director of the Vision Resources Project at Pittsburgh Blind Association (now Blind and Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh)
- Participated in a Political Campaign in pursuit of the Office of District Justice, Washington County, PA
- Partner in a Bed n Breakfast & Restaurant – Timber Crest Inn – Burgettstown PA (2003-2012)
- Service on the Board of Directors, McDonald Free Library
- Service on the Board of Directors, Greater Pittsburgh Guild for the Blind
- Service on the Board of Directors, Blind and Vision Rehabilitation Services of Pittsburgh
- Service on the Board of Directors, Washington-Greene County Blind Association
- Service on the Board of Directors, Beacon Lodge